- Alpacas are members of the camelid family, which also includes camels, llamas, vicanas and guanacos
- The fleece from Alpacas is prized by spinners for its softness, and is warmer and lighter in weight than wool
- Cria (pronounced cree-ah) is the name for a baby alpaca. It comes from the Spanish word Cria meaning "baby"
- The most common sound that alpacas make is a sort of “humming sound”, which is quite often described as a kind of musical purring
- Alpacas were domesticated by the Incas more than 6,000 years ago and raised for their exquisite fleece
You will usually find our Alpacas outside in The Paddock